We are ready to welcome quarantine-free travel under the following:
- Fully vaccinated adults from low - medium risk countries
- Children under 18 years do not need to be vaccinated, but must travel with a fully vaccinated parent or guardian
- International travellers must have been in the origin country of departure for at least 21 days
- All international travellers must stay in Samui Extra PLUS certified properties on Koh Samui from day 0-7 as follows,
- Day 0: Rest in your room at a Samui Extra PLUS property while waiting for the result of your first RT-PCR test
- Day 1 - Day 3: If the result is negative, stay at the Samui Extra PLUS property and use its facilities
- Day 4 - Day 7: Travel to specific routes and destinations specified by the Samui Plus and a second RT-PCR test will be conducted
- Day 8 - Day 14: If the result is negative, stay at a SHA PLUS property and travel anywhere in Samui, Koh Phangan or Koh Tao while using the Mor Chana application and a third RT-PCR will be conducted
- Day 15: You are able to leave Samui and travel to other parts of Thailand
- Travellers from Maximum and Strict Controlled Areas or ‘dark-red zone’ provinces, Maximum Controlled Areas or ‘red zone’ provinces and Controlled Areas or ‘orange zone’ provinces are not required to do quarantine if they show one of the following,
- Present a negative RT-PCR result issued within 72 hours
- Received two doses of an approved vaccine at least 7 days or one dose of AstraZeneca at least 21 days before arrival, and have a Vaccine Certificate
- Have a certificate of having recovered from COVID-19 for at least 14 days, and have a valid Vaccine Certificate
- All domestic travellers are required to,
- Scan the QR code “SAVE SURAT” and provide information
- Scan the QR code for the Samui Health Pass at Don Sak Pier / Surat Thani Airport upon arrival and departure
- If you are staying more than 24 hours, notify village health volunteers or a COVID Manager within 24 hours of arrival
- If you are on a day trip, you must leave Koh Samui within the same day of arrival
*Travel requirements are based on the latest updates and are subject to change
What is SHA PLUS?
SHA PLUS certification is awarded by the Tourism Authority of Thailand to properties with over 70% of hotel employees vaccinated, and adhere to the best practices in health and safety.
What is Samui Extra PLUS?
These properties are acknowledged by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the processing of the COE application and are referred to as Alternative Quarantine (AQ) properties.